I am so excited for General Conference coming up in October! All are invited to listen via internet, TV broadcasting, or perhaps even local church buildings. Please comment if you need more details.
General Conference is a wonderful opportunity to hear the incredibly powerful words of our living prophets twice per year. All sorts of different topics are covered to help us live better lives and grow closer to Heavenly Father.
President Howard W. Hunter (1907–95) taught that general conference is a time to strengthen our testimony and resolve to improve our lives: “Conference time is a season of spiritual revival when knowledge and testimony are increased and solidified that God lives and blesses those who are faithful. It is a time when an understanding that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, is burned into the hearts of those who have the determination to serve him and keep his commandments. Conference is the time when our leaders give us inspired direction in the conduct of our lives—a time when souls are stirred and resolutions are made to be better husbands and wives, fathers and mothers, more obedient sons and daughters, better friends and neighbors” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1981, 15; or Ensign, Nov. 1981, 12; emphasis added).
After watching or reading conference talks, I feel much more motivated to live my life closer to the Lord. I know the words which they speak are of real importance to us. I can personally testify that these speakers at General Conference are real witnesses of God. They speak from Him. These words can have incredibly impacts on our lives if we let them. We are so blessed to have this opportunity.
President Hinckley said, “I do not hesitate to promise that you will be uplifted, your resolution to do what is right will be stronger, you will find solutions to your problems and your needs, and you will be led to thank the Lord for what you have heard.”
President Howard W. Hunter (1907–95) taught that general conference is a time to strengthen our testimony and resolve to improve our lives: “Conference time is a season of spiritual revival when knowledge and testimony are increased and solidified that God lives and blesses those who are faithful. It is a time when an understanding that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, is burned into the hearts of those who have the determination to serve him and keep his commandments. Conference is the time when our leaders give us inspired direction in the conduct of our lives—a time when souls are stirred and resolutions are made to be better husbands and wives, fathers and mothers, more obedient sons and daughters, better friends and neighbors” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1981, 15; or Ensign, Nov. 1981, 12; emphasis added).
After watching or reading conference talks, I feel much more motivated to live my life closer to the Lord. I know the words which they speak are of real importance to us. I can personally testify that these speakers at General Conference are real witnesses of God. They speak from Him. These words can have incredibly impacts on our lives if we let them. We are so blessed to have this opportunity.
President Hinckley said, “I do not hesitate to promise that you will be uplifted, your resolution to do what is right will be stronger, you will find solutions to your problems and your needs, and you will be led to thank the Lord for what you have heard.”
No comments:
Post a Comment