Wednesday, October 3, 2012

President Monson's Words.

Believe, Obey, and Endure. (May 2012)
Key Doctrines and Principles:
  • Believe - I am a daughter of God, who loves me.
  • Obey - our lives become more fulfilling and less complicated when we obey.
  • Endure - withstand with courage.
Favorite Quotes:
"I counsel you to look to the lighthouse of the Lord. I have said it before; I will say it again: there is no fog so dense, no night so dark, no gale so strong, no mariner so lost but what the lighthouse of the Lord can rescue. It beckons through the storms of life. It calls, “This way to safety. This way to home.” It sends forth signals of light easily seen and never failing. If followed, those signals will guide you back to your heavenly home."

"Believe that you are a daughter of Heavenly Father, that He loves you, and that you are here for a glorious purpose—to gain your eternal salvation. Believe that remaining strong and faithful to the truths of the gospel is of utmost importance. I testify that it is!"

"There will be times when you will face challenges which might jeopardize your testimony, or you may neglect it as you pursue other interests. I plead with you to keep it strong. It is your responsibility, and yours alone, to keep its flame burning brightly. Effort is required, but it is effort you will never, ever regret."

"Seek heavenly guidance one day at a time. Life by the yard is hard; by the inch it’s a cinch. Each of us can be true for just one day—and then one more and then one more after that—until we’ve lived a lifetime guided by the Spirit, a lifetime close to the Lord, a lifetime of good deeds and righteousness."

Why It Matters:
Believing is a fundamental part of acquiring and maintaining a testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Throughout our lives, we need to have a constant eternal perspective for our purpose in this life or else we will have very little motivation to go on. Believing is the first step to understanding. We have to obey in order to progress in the Lord's path. We have to keep the standard's of his gospel in order to receive guidance through the Spirit. We must endure when life gets hard. Life isn't easy, but we are here to prove ourselves worthy to our Heavenly Father. By being courageous during difficult times in our lives and relying upon the help of our God, we will make it through. I have a testimony of this and I know we all have the power to press forward and endure with the help of our Heavenly Father.


Dare to Stand Alone. (October 2011)
Key Doctrines and Principles:
  • Standing up for what you believe no matter how many fight against it.
  • Share your testimony with others.
  • Rely on your testimony and strengthen it.
  • Believe and have faith. Know who you represent.
Favorite Quotes:
"As we go about living from day to day, it is almost inevitable that our faith will be challenged. We may at times find ourselves surrounded by others and yet standing in the minority or even standing alone concerning what is acceptable and what is not. Do we have the moral courage to stand firm for our beliefs, even if by so doing we must stand alone?"

"In order for us to be strong and to withstand all the forces pulling us in the wrong direction or all the voices encouraging us to take the wrong path, we must have our own testimony."

Why It Matters:
Standing alone is crucial in this world. There are so many moral decisions we make daily and sometimes they seem less important in certain situations. They are always important. Every decision we make is crucial. We need to be aware of our standards and never settle for less then our best. Our responsibility is giant and we should always keep our heads up looking for ways to bless the lives of those around us. I am inspired to do the small acts of service for people I am around weekly and daily and try to make even the tiniest difference in their lives. I will never compromise what I believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment